MariaDB 10.0.16 was recently released (~1.5 months ago on 1/27/2015 – sorry for the delay on my end – I was just extra busy in my spare time recently), and is available for download here:
This is the seventh GA release of MariaDB 10.0, and 17th overall release of MariaDB 10.0.
For the most part, there are not a whole lot of changes to report for this release, but there are 2 enhancements of note – one being the JSON table type (still *experimental*) and the other a new variable to aid with index statistics calculations on large tables, as well as some security fixes.
Here are the main items of note:
- Updates to the CONNECT handler (supporting the JSON table type) – which is *experimental* currently
- The innodb_stats_traditional system variable enables a larger sample of pages for larger tables for the purposes of index statistics calculation.
- InnoDB upgraded to 5.6.22
- XtraDB upgraded to 5.6.22-71.0
- TokuDB upgraded to 7.5.4
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
Given the security fixes, you should plan on upgrading if you’re running a prior version of 10.0.
You can read more about the 10.0.16 release here:
And if interested, you can review the full list of changes in 10.0.16 (changelogs) here:
Hope this helps.