MariaDB 10.1.6 was recently released, and is available for download here:
This is the 4th beta, and 7th overall, release of MariaDB 10.1. There were not many major changes in this release, but a few notable items, as well as many overall bugs fixed (I counted 156, down ~50% from 10.1.5).
Since it’s beta, I’ll only cover the major changes and additions, and omit covering general bug fixes (feel free to browse them all here).
To me, these are the highlights:
- RESET_MASTER is extended with TO # clause which allows one to specify the number of the first binary log. (MDEV-8469)
- Added support for binlog_row_image=minimal for compatibility with MySQL.
- New status variables: log_bin_basename, log_bin_index and relay_log_basename.
- New status variables: innodb_buf_dump_status_frequency for determining how often the buffer pool dump status should be printed in the logs.
- New status variables: Com_create_temporary_table and Com_drop_temporary_table for tracking the number of CREATE/DROP TEMPORARY TABLE statements.
- Connect updated to 1.04.0001.
- Mroonga updated to 5.04 (earlier versions of Mroonga did not work in 10.1).
Of course it goes without saying that do not use this for production systems since it is still only beta. However, I definitely recommend installing it on a test server and testing it out. And if you happen to be running a previous version of 10.1, then you should definitely upgrade to this latest release.
You can read more about the 10.1.6 release here:
And if interested, you can review the full list of changes in 10.1.6 (changelogs) here:
Hope this helps.