MariaDB 5.5.44 was recently released (it is the latest MariaDB 5.5), and is available for download here:
This is a maintenance release, and no major changes, so there are only several noteworthy items (but one of those being a security fix and five potential crashing bug):
- Security Fix: Client command line option –ssl-verify-server-cert (and MYSQL_OPT_SSL_VERIFY_SERVER_CERT option of the client API) when used together with –ssl will ensure that the established connection is SSL-encrypted and the MariaDB server has a valid certificate. This fixes CVE-2015-3152.
- Crashing Bug: mysql_upgrade crashes the server with REPAIR VIEW (MDEV-8115).
- Crashing Bug: Server crashes in intern_plugin_lock on concurrent installing semisync plugin and setting rpl_semi_sync_master_enabled (MDEV-363).
- Crashing Bug: Server crash on updates with joins still on 10.0.18 (MDEV-8114).
- Crashing Bug: Too large scale in DECIMAL dynamic column getter crashes mysqld (MDEV-7505).
- Crashing Bug: Server crashes in get_server_from_table_to_cache on empty name (MDEV-8224).
- XtraDB upgraded to 5.5.42-37.2
- TokuDB upgraded to 7.5.7
Given the security fix, you may want to review the CVE to see if this is something you need to address. Also, please review the crashing bugs to see if they might affect you, and upgrade if so. Also, if running TokuDB or XtraDB, you may also want to benefit from those fixes, as well as the new MariaDB fixes (59 in all).
If interested, the official MariaDB 5.5.44 release notes are here:
And the full list of fixed bugs and changes in MariaDB 5.5.44 can be found here:
Hope this helps.