MariaDB 5.5.42 was recently released (it is the latest MariaDB 5.5), and is available for download here:
This is a maintenance release, and so there were not too many changes at all and only 3 changes (enhancements) I felt noteworthy:
- The new version of the Audit Plugin is 1.2 is included with the following new features:
- In the audit log passwords are now masked, i.e. the password characters are replaced with asterisks.
- It’s now possible to filter logging to include only DDL (CREATE, ALTER, etc.) or DML (INSERT, UPDATE, etc.) statements.
- For more information please refer to the About the MariaDB Audit Plugin page. The plugin is disabled by default.
- With this release we introduce a low-level Client API. Applications, linked with libmysqlclient client library can use these functions to read and parse raw protocol packets:
- unsigned long mysql_net_read_packet(MYSQL *mysql);
- unsigned long mysql_net_field_length(unsigned char **packet);
- Includes all bugfixes and updates from MySQL 5.5.42 (MySQL 5.5.42 Overview and Highlights)
- TokuDB upgraded to 7.5.5
So there are no real crucial fixes requiring an upgrade, however, if you’re running the audit plugin, or TokuDB, or you want the benefits of the new fixes in general, then you should consider an upgrade.
If interested, the official MariaDB 5.5.42 release notes are here:
And the full list of fixed bugs and changes in MariaDB 5.5.42 can be found here:
Hope this helps.