MariaDB 5.5.40 was recently released (it is the latest MariaDB 5.5), and is available for download here:
This is a maintenance release, and so there are not too many big changes of note, just a number of normal bug fixes. However, there are a few items worth mentioning:
- Includes all bugfixes and updates from MySQL 5.5.40 (MySQL 5.5.40 Overview and Highlights)
- XtraDB updated to the version from Percona Server 5.5.40-36.1
- TokuDB updated to version 7.5.0
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 5.5 for both Ubuntu 13.10 “Saucy” and Mint 16 “Petra”.
- With the recent release of CentOS 7 and RHEL 7, we are pleased to now provide packages for both distributions. Instructions for how to enable the repositories can be found by visiting the “Installing MariaDB with YUM” page and the repository configuration tool. A full list of all changes is in the changelog.
- Bug Fixed: crash in GROUP_CONCAT(IF () ORDER BY 1) (Bug #MDEV-6743)
If interested, the official MariaDB 5.5.40 release notes are here:
And the full list of fixed bugs and changes in MariaDB 5.5.40 can be found here:
Hope this helps.